Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Something I want vs something I need

I will explain...

I just want someone to sit on the couch with me in the evenings after work. I want someone to snuggle with while I watch movies. I want someone who I can take runs and walks with. Is that too much to ask for?

"You're married." You say. "No problem."
"He's a student." I say. "I want a dog."

Today I bought running shoes instead. Jared isn't ready for the dog yet. Although for family night I spent 2 hours looking at all the animal shelters this side of the Point of the Mountain and some past it. For now I'm waiting but the desire hits me again as sit writing this blog, and husband is shut away in the den studing. I know I ought to be more patient.

For example, today we were driving to drop something off for his parents. I once more brought up the dog thing and Jared told me, "I'm not ready yet."
Really? I ask. Dang, is what I'm thinking.
"Okay, I understand." I say, pausing for thought. "What about now, are you ready now?"

"No. Not yet."


"Now? " Hopefully.

"No, not for the next 5 minutes at least."


2 hours later at Target, "Now?"

"Alex, I don't want to hear another word about this dog business today." My husband got very parental on me. Like the grown up I am, I only pouted a little bit.


My only hope is that as the saying goes. Good things come to those who wait.


This is what I'm waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment